power on after power loss

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Wed Mar 30 11:06:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 15:25 -0600, Bret Hughes wrote:
> Is there a way to set the power on after power loss on a mac mini?  I
> can set it under OSX and it works but it does not seem like it works on
> the fedora side and Since I can't get to the bios ...

There is no such thing as the BIOS on the mac mini it uses openfirmware:

http://playground.sun.com/1275/home.html

This is accessible using ppc-utils

If you are using the box as a server you might want to consider a UPS.

I'd expect that the setting in OS X sets something in OF, but I'd need
to investigate.  You might want to see if Darwin ppc has the bits to
enable this.  Setting the relevant OF property is doable and could be
done.

Also investigate apmud, etc to see if they support this.

> I thought I would ask and in the meantime I will try to test thoroughly.

Testing much appreciated.

Paul