Mac Mini installation problem

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Thu Mar 31 03:46:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 20:44, Mike MacCana wrote:
> Bret Hughes wrote:
>
> >audio is a known issue.  I was able to get it to work by compiling a new
> >kernel with a one line change to and alsa prog pmac.c  if you like I
> >will dig it up and post it.  I got it from the ubunto list archives.
> >

> Thanks Brett - if you could do that, it'd be lovely.
>
> I'm planning on getting a 23 inch cinema display soon for my Mini. I'll
> post to this list about how it goes.
>
> PS - Everyone: there's a neat, free, little Ext3 driver for OSX you can
> find if you look around.

I can't believe I did not post it somewhere but evidently did not and I
ahve reinstalled several times trying to recreate the X/network issue I
was having.  Here is the link I went from.

BTW it does not drive the speaker in the mini but audio out does work.

I am going to recompile the kernel tonight so I can let you more
specifically what I did if you want to wait.

Bret