HFS with FC4

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Mon Oct 3 01:55:48 UTC 2005

hello everyone,

I have a couple of FireWire drives connected to my MacMini, which is running
FC4.  the drives are formatted to contain HFS but when I try to mount, I get
an error:

# mount -t hfs /dev/sda /mnt/drive1
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

if I do

# fdisk -l /dev/sda

Disk /dev/sda: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Disk /dev/sda doesn't contain a valid partition table

but I know the drive is ok because it comes up in my Powerbook running
OSX... what am I missing?

thanks - erick