Where do I file a bug report ?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Sep 21 13:56:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 14:46 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I think the latter is the bug he wants to report. A workaround is
> probably to write the contents of the install tree to a DVD and
> install from that, but it would be better if we could just fix
> anaconda to install from expanded trees on the hard drive, like it
> used to.

Oh, the workaround for anaconda's regression, btw, is to _start_ an NFS
install from elsewhere, but then switch to tty2 as soon as it's started
the second stage of the installer, mount the local file system with the
install tree and bind-mount it over the top of /mnt/source.

It's not simple or pretty, and you do still have to have network access
to a machine with _parts_ of the install tree -- but it does let you
fetch all the _packages_ from your local copy of the tree, instead of
over the network. The Fedora/RPMS/ directory can actually be empty on
the network server you're using.

Actually, it might work if you write a CD containing all but Fedora/RPMS
from the install tree, then do the same bind-mount trick to put the RPMS
where the installer expects them in /mnt/source/Fedora/RPMS/. At least
blank CDs are cheaper than blank DVDs.

--
dwmw2