Bordeaux fails install

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Sat Apr 22 07:34:17 UTC 2006

the article you posted led me to further experimentation and a little
discovery.  it appears that a whole bunch of filenames have gotten
truncated... e.g.

xorg-x11-drv-penmount-1.0.0.5-1
xorg-x11-drv-s3-0.3.5.5-2.ppc.r
xorg-x11-drv-s3virge-1.8.6.5-1.
xorg-x11-drv-savage-2.0.2.3-1.2
xorg-x11-drv-sis-0.8.1.3-1.2.pp
xorg-x11-drv-sisusb-0.7.1.3-1.2
xorg-x11-drv-spaceorb-1.0.0.5-1
xorg-x11-drv-summa-1.0.0.5-1.2.
xorg-x11-drv-tdfx-1.1.1.3-1.3.p
xorg-x11-drv-trident-1.0.1.2-1.
xorg-x11-drv-ur98-1.0.0.5-1.2.p
xorg-x11-drv-vesa-1.0.1.3-1.2.p
xorg-x11-drv-vga-4.0.0.5-2.ppc.
xorg-x11-drv-void-1.0.0.5-1.2.p
xorg-x11-drv-voodoo-1.0.0.5-1.2
xorg-x11-filesystem-7.0-1.noarc
xorg-x11-font-utils-1.0.1-3.ppc
xorg-x11-fonts-base-7.0-3.noarc
xorg-x11-fonts-truetype-7.0-3.n
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.0.1-8.pp
xorg-x11-server-utils-1.0.1-1.2
xorg-x11-utils-1.0.1-1.2.ppc.rp
xorg-x11-xauth-1.0.1-1.2.ppc.rp

now, the way I went about this is: after the Bittorrent download I was left
with 6 ISOs.  Double clicking on these (on OSX Panther) causes them to be
mounted... so i'm wondering whether the mount process is failing or if the
ISO contains bad filenames...  could anyone check that or suggest some other
way of extracting the contents of the ISO files?

thx - e