Newbie with Power Mac G5.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 3 11:05:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 11:01 -0800, Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:
> As I mentioned much earlier, I could never get FC4 to partition the disk
> properly. I use YDL 4.0.1 for this, doing a minimal install of packages
> and letting the YDL installer rebooting at the end before installing FC4.

This was a known bug with the original FC4/PPC install media. It's fixed
in the version available at
ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/fc4-pegasos/

Now that there's a 2.6.15 erratum kernel for FC4, I suppose I should
make sure it runs on the new dual-core G5s and do another updated
FC4/PPC install tree... alternatively, just use rawhide/FC5. :)

--
dwmw2