Newbie with Power Mac G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Sun Feb 5 19:49:40 UTC 2006

On 5. feb 2006, at 20.17, Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:

>> I ran both "yum check-update" and "yum list update", the one after
>> the other, is what I said.
>
> Neither "check-update" or "list update" will actually update anything.
> You need to just use "yum update". I hope this is the only problem!
>
> -bri

I ran "yum clean all" and "yum update" and everything looks OK now. I
think the only problems are:

1) The freezes.
2) The problem with " ata1: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stal
0x4 hda lost interrupt mpic_enable_irq timeout"
3) The sound issue.

Slowly, but surely we seem to be getting all of these things sorted
out. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you. Many thanks for
all of the help.

Brian