Fedora and iMac G5

zoltank at gmail.com zoltank at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:53:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have installed FC4 on an iMac G5 (17" screen) machine. I'm really happy
that it is usable (with some restrictions). I'm trying to follow the
updates and improvements. Still, there are some issues to be
fixed/improved however.
Is there any progress regarding the snd-powermac problem? The latest
kernel update (2.6.15-1.1830_FC4) doesn't help on this problem. But the
fans seemed to stop to buzz so loud with these updates.
Is there/will be any chance to use the screen with a resolution higher
than 1024x768? Under MacOSX the normal resolution is 1440x900.

Zoltan