Newbie FC 5 test 3 PPC help and first impressions.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at
Thu Feb 23 13:44:00 UTC 2006

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:03 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
>>That would be nice as I got some errors when I ran "yum update", but
>>until I figure out how to share a Thunderbird profile between Rawhide
>>and OS X, I have to transfer the text files with the error messages
>>between the two systems by using my USB stick.
> Linux can read and write OSX hfs+ volumes. I don't see why the
> Thunderbird profile shouldn't be fairly portable -- if you really need
> to _share_ it rather than just using the same config in both places,
> then you might be able to make it work if your userid is the same on
> both OSX and Linux.

There should be a way of directing Thunderbird to the profile on the
hfs+ partition (HD), but I don't see those instructions on
any more. They used to work with the old Moz monolithic app, but I have
only seen references when googling about Firefox/Thunderbird being quite
finiky when this is attempted. In principle two seperate profiles should
be possible, as long as the mbox files are shared. That would avoid an
overwriting of the extension preferences between OS's, just in case the
same pref files aren't an exact match between platforms...