Test kernel with Broadcom BCM43xx wireless support.

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 22:04:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 21:48 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:42 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > Unfortunately, NM keeps resetting the rate to 54M and even trying to
> > subvert it with iwconfig eth0 rate 11M calls during its operation, it
> > keeps going back to 54M.
>
> Hm, I didn't think NetworkManager set the rate. Is it taking the device
> down and bringing it back up again? Does it work if you don't use
> NetworkManager?

I'm not sure how NetworkManager works exactly.  I think it might
actually be taking it down and bringing it back up again.  I've CCd Dan
Williams since he'll know what's happening here.

Yes, it works if I don't use NetworkManager.

> > I guess there are still problems with suspend and this driver ;) ?
>
> Suspend is working OK for me now.

Oh, I stupidly only tried gnome-power-manager's Suspend.  Closing the
lid works great.  Coming out of sleep, the driver is set back at 54M so
I have to manually reset back to 11M.

Is this auto-rate switching issue something that needs to be further
reverse-engineered or is it just something in the kernel driver (or
something wonky in my case)?

Andrew