Test kernel with Broadcom BCM43xx wireless support.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 15:26:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:21 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I've now added the appropriate table to the bcm43xx driver -- but I'm
> not sure I should have done; I'm not entirely sure I _want_ it being
> autoloaded just yet. NM ought to have coped, surely?

Part of the driver being a "good" driver is to populate its sysfs
entries correctly.  That means it needs both SET_NETDEV_DEV and
SET_MODULE_OWNER.  If there's no "driver" link in sysfs, I call the
driver broken and it needs to get fixed.  This isn't just for NM, it's
also for HAL.  NM just tries to get driver information from HAL, so its
HAL that's not being able to find it.

Dan