Macromedia Flash+Fedora core 4+Mac mini

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Jan 15 17:30:12 UTC 2006

Deepak Seshadri wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> After weeks of struggling with Mac Mini + FC4 + ATI RAdeon 9200 + Dell
> 2005 FPW, I got the display to work with 1400x1050 resolution. Now, I
> have ran into another problem - No FLASH plug-in available for Linux &
> PPC architecture. Could someone please point me to any link or resource
> that mentions how I can get flash to work with firefox in PPC? I tried
> looking for this already but the closest solution I came across was to
> use the LIVNA repo in YUM. That didn't work for me.

you /can/ use qemu to call the i386 flash plugin, while sitting on your
ppc firefox. it should invoke correctly (has been done before).

roadblocks you currently face include compiling qemu yourself as fedora
doesn't build a package for FC4. you need gcc compat libraries for this,
and use gcc32 (or gcc33), as gcc4 and qemu don't bode well together

as for documentation, i don't have any handy /yet/, but a goal for
january is to get all the ppc documentation up to scratch. good luck :)