Fedora/PowerPC on PlayStation 3

james rooker james_l_rooker at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 09:57:47 UTC 2006

Thank you for the links David.

I just read with some downhearted feelings a linux.com
article about Ubuntu Linux possibly dropping PPC
support as they are not seeing a lot of demand for it.

I know that YellowDog Linux is doing Linux for the PS3
as well...I just hope no one on the fedora side of
things decides to drop fedora ppc anytime soon.

I and my brother have access to a few older ppc
macintoshes cheaply and have been quite happy with
fedora or yellowdog replacing MacOSX on them.

My current G3 will be fedora ppc or dual boot with
MacOSX soon as well...Right now I still must use Adobe
Photoshop and Dreamweaver every day...and am having
issues with a large hard drive and partition sizes so
no fedora ppc just yet...

James Rooker

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/19/fedora-linux-up-and-running-on-playstation-3-with-video/