Re-creating bootable image from boot.iso

Robert Allerstorfer linux-ra at anet.at
Fri Mar 30 01:13:20 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, 01:04 GMT+01 David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 01:26 +0200, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
>> -hfs-bless ppc

> You need to bless the ppc/mac directory, don't you? Not 'ppc'.

> Run 'dir cd:,\\' to get a listing of the blessed directory. There should
> be an 'ofboot.b' there and it should have type TBXI.

thanks David for your help. Running mkisofs with '-hfs-bless ppc/mac'
instead of '-hfs-bless ppc' did also not make the resulting .iso
bootable, unfortunately. Where can I run

dir cd:,\\

? Within the Open Firmware console, it does not seem to work. When I
input

dir

there, I get the response "can´t OPEN the DIR device". A little more
detailed instructions on how to debug/solve my problem would be very
useful.

Thanks!

rob.