Fedora 8 on PS3: ppc or ppc64?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:35:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:17:22 +0000
Andrea <mariofutire at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 21:42 +0000, Andrea wrote:
> >
> > Remove the 32-bit one. Reinstall the 64-bit one, if need be. I'm a bit
> > fuzzy on the details of how that all works w/overlapping binaries...
> >

> Great!
> You are right!
>
> gdb.ppc64 works for both of them!
> I've removed both of them and reinstalled only gdb.ppc64!
>
> Still I think yum should have doe it for me.

It's not really easy for yum to figure that out.  What you want might
be different from what others want, etc.  It also doesn't help that
x86_64 and ppc64 have almost exact opposite semantics as far as what
is considered the "good" arch.  That being said, there is work on-going
in the yum area to improve the situation for multi-lib.

josh