ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org back online

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 09:59:49 UTC 2010

  Am 22.12.2010 08:21, schrieb Adrian Reber:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 01:56:13PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> >  As the subject says, the buildsystem is back online.  It has been
> >  upgraded to koji 1.6.0 and the two builder instances are running a new
> >  enough kernel to build for F14 now.  They should also be able to build
> >  from the Fedora git repos as well.
>
> Great. Thanks!
>
> So, I am interested in doing builds. Is there a plan? First f14 then
> f15? Or do we only look at f15? I do not see much sense looking at f14
> and would much rather like to focus on f15.
>
> Do I just take the rawhide packages and rebuild them? Is there some
> documentation how to use koji for the ppc setup? I looked at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/PowerPC
>
> but I was not able to find something about how to configure koji to
> connect to the ppc setup? I would really like to start rebuilding
> packages but right now I do not know where to start.
>
> 		Adrian

I'd say that we should skip F-14 and concentrate on building rawhide.
F-14 has already been released and even F-15 might be already
finished when we finally got everything compiled and the installer
fixed. We should have a meeting at F-15 release time to decide if
we're only a few weeks lagging behind the primary archs or if we
need even more time and go for F-16.
I've played catch-up on Fedora-s390x and can tell you that it
isn't fun at all ;-(
Lets release when we're close to the primary archs and not
when we're lagging at least one release behind.

    Karsten