Fedora-ppc Digest, Vol 69, Issue 1

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 8 08:47:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 13:39 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 08:17:23PM +0300, Robert Hagan wrote:
> >As somewhat of a novice at both Fedora and powerpc, does anyone have
> >news on when we may expect Fedora13 for powerpc to be available?
>
> There is no ETA for Fedora 13 ppc/ppc64.

I took a quick look at this. I was _hoping_ that it would be a simple
case of doing a compose... but there are actually quite a lot of build
failures.

Is there any tool to make sense of these and find the original failure
from which the others cascade, and to resubmit the dependent failures?
Is there a generic "Fedora secondary arches" mailing list where such
things should be discussed?

Let's pick the gcc-4.4.4-5.fc13 build failure as the first one to
investigate.... it failed in deps due to not finding /usr/lib64/libc.so.

Is this because the glibc64 package isn't tagged in
SHADOWBUILD-dist-f13-build? Perhaps because Jakub never did a build of
glibc64 for F-13? Can we remedy that?

Can we get the build repositories rsynced onto bombadil so that we can
use mock manually there?

--
dwmw2