Fedora-ppc Digest, Vol 69, Issue 1

Timo Schoeler timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Tue Jun 8 12:09:09 UTC 2010

thus Josh Boyer spake:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 09:47:33AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>>> There is no ETA for Fedora 13 ppc/ppc64.
>> I took a quick look at this. I was _hoping_ that it would be a simple
>> case of doing a compose... but there are actually quite a lot of build
>> failures.
>
> Yes, they have grown over the past couple of months.  I tried reporting build
> failures in bugzilla with limited success and I don't have time to fix them
> all at the moment.
>
>> Is there any tool to make sense of these and find the original failure
>>from which the others cascade, and to resubmit the dependent failures?
>
> No.  Other than the output from koji-shadow, which isn't really accessible or
> easy to read over.
>
>> Is there a generic "Fedora secondary arches" mailing list where such
>> things should be discussed?
>
> secondary at lists.fedoraproject.org
>
>> Let's pick the gcc-4.4.4-5.fc13 build failure as the first one to
>> investigate.... it failed in deps due to not finding /usr/lib64/libc.so.
>>
>> Is this because the glibc64 package isn't tagged in
>> SHADOWBUILD-dist-f13-build? Perhaps because Jakub never did a build of
>> glibc64 for F-13? Can we remedy that?
>
> This is because koji-shadow is dumb and didn't bring in the glibc64 package.
> It will likely work if submitted by hand.
>
>> Can we get the build repositories rsynced onto bombadil so that we can
>> use mock manually there?
>
> The repos for the tags?  Not sure.  My bandwidth is the limiting factor for
> most of this and I'm hoping to get new hardware placed into the PXH2 datacenter
> in not horribly long.

Hi,

I'm interested in this port (as well as I'm interested in a CentOS
PowerPC port), but I don't have too much spare time left to be able to
do some work here.

However, I do have some hardware (both an IBM Power 285 and 275) as well
as internet connectivity to give, as long as it is within an acceptable
scale (I work for an ISP and have some colo space).

So, if I can be of any help hosting stuff on x86 machines, please tell
me. I could furthermore set up one of the Power machines, however it'd
surely take some time.

Best,

Timo