Tools requried and general questions about making Fedora PPC happen

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 01:06:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 02:54:50AM +0200, Frederik Hertzum wrote:
>I have to admit, I have no idea what is required to make Fedora PPC
>happen, but I just can't let my PlayStation3 rot.

The PS3 no longer supports the OtherOS function with a recent firmware update.
That, combined with the very low amount of DRAM and a fairly slow CPU make it
an unappealing target overall.

>So, where can I read up on this?

The tools are the same as those used in the regular Fedora project.  At the
moment, there is a limited buildsystem setup.  There are efforts underway to
replace that hardware and move it to a better hosting location.  Once that is
complete, it will be much easier to contribute.

josh