Fedora PPC status & work in progress :)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 28 13:31:03 UTC 2011

Dear Phil,

In message <4DB96859.3070700 at redhat.com> you wrote:

> Just wanted to give you all a brief heads up that Fedora on PPC as a
> secondary arch is still alive and kicking and no dead horse!

Thanks a lot for the update.

> Due to these installer problems we're probably not going to be able to
> have an official PowerPC release for Fedora 15, but the goal is to
> definitely get it done for Fedora 16.

Am I interpreting this right that this effctively means we will have
to run a new installation on PPC machines currently runninc F12?

I guess the chances that a yum based update from F12 to F16 are
negligible?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Extended Epstein-Heisenberg Principle: In an R & D orbit, only  2  of
the  existing 3 parameters can be defined simultaneously. The parame-
ters are: task, time and resources ($).