Fedora PPC status & work in progress :)

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Apr 28 18:26:45 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 01:36 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> 1) Are ppc32 machines supported?  Specifically I'm thinking of Apple
> G4 machines, but we used to build a bunch of Freescale device drivers
> and such as well for machines in the 6xx class.

Just from a demand perspective, this summer Apple will drop support for
OSX 10.5 and within a short time leave Mac G4 users without security
updates - there's a lot of decent hardware out there that's not quite
five years old yet.  Fedora 15 on ppc32 might just gain a number of new
users at that point.

Thanks for all the work!

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle