Fedora PPC status & work in progress :)

Ingvar Hagelund ingvar at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Apr 29 06:51:23 UTC 2011

* Timo Schoeler
> Hey guys,
>
> where in Germany are you (or anybody else on this list) located,
> approximately?

I live in Oslo, Norway.

And talking about older hardware, when booted, my eMac (800MHz G4) is
happily running Fedora 12, waiting stubbornly for an update. I also
think I should be able to yum update my 7046-B50 (375MHz 604e) (it has
Fedora 9, I think) to newer fedoras as well, though they can't run the
installer anymore because of the initrd size.

I've also been talked into taking care of three 9124-720 (1.5GHz P5)
boxes, though I probably don't have storage for them all over time. I
did a test install of RHEL6 on one of them with no problems, but I'd
prefer Fedora.

Ingvar