Fedora 16: can't boot ppc-DVD

Mattia Tristo mattia.tristo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 15:19:22 UTC 2011

Hello and Merry Christmas to all here @Fedora PPC!!!

I am Mattia from Italy (just to make the introductions) and i have
installed Fedora 12 in a Powerbook G4 and done the update, if this can
help!!! It works out of the box (i have installed Kde) and i was able to
surf the internet.

I have read about Fedora 16 but not tried yet, i think i will wait till
somebody will report a success. So Thanks Federico for your report.

Another report: there is the package Gambas but it doesn't work couse i
think little big endian differences. I hope this would be fixed in future
it would be great to make basic applications with a Powerbook or a PowerMac.

But let me wish you a merry computing with penguin PPC!!!
Best regards
Mattia Tristo

2011/12/24 Federico Vaga <federico.vaga at gmail.com>

> I'm trying to install Fedora 16 on a powerbook G4; on boot the system
> return
> continuously  the following error:
>
> Machine check in kernel mode.
> Caused by (from SRR1=149030 ) Transfer error ack signal
>
> so I can't installa Fedora 16.
>
> (No problem with ppc64-DVD on an iMac G5)
>
> --
> Federico Vaga

--------------------------

Hey Brother, i can't remember a reason why!!!

Hey You!!!
Don't be afraid!!!
Tell me that You Love Yourself!!!

IT: Hey Tu!!!
      Non essere preoccupato!!!
      Dimmi che ti vuoi bene e ti ami!!!

"I crimini contro l'umanità li chiamano errori"
                                 (Pierangelo Bertoli)

Home Page : http://sites.google.com/site/homepagedimattiatristo/

Linux USer : 523480 (http://counter.li.org/)

Sprazzi di luce : http://sprazzidiluce.org