koji-shadow strategy

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Mon Jan 3 14:46:27 UTC 2011

here are few of my thoughts before starting koji-shadow
- need to ask dgilmore for the package list that are expected to be
missing on ppc/ppc64 (ExcludeArch/ExclusiveArch), he has a script for
that
- because the difference between primary and ppc is so large and there
were mass rebuilds of all python (for 2.7) and perl (for 5.12) packages,
we shouldn't use the "import-noarch" feature, too new packages would be
available in the buildroots causing broken dependencies (the
"prefer-new" feature is needed to include fixed builds)
- the injected packages, that do not exist in primary koji, should have
<your_initials>.X suffix in the Release field, so they are later easily
identified
- should we really start koji-shadow against dist-f15 or should we start
with dist-f14 first even without an intention to be complete, just to
shorten the gap before starting dist-f15

Additions, opinions?

Dan