[fedora-arm] tracking of packages that have build failures

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Mon Jun 27 14:56:36 UTC 2011

Is there a way to automate this?

It might be useful to see the build logs for i386/x64, sparc, arm,
ppc, all kept with the package by package version, the trackers could
grab that information and maybe some notes, bug tracker info for both
fedora and possibly the ticket number for the main project page if
needed.  Then you could have that information incorporated into the
trackers, so when you look at failed builds for your platform, you can
easily pull up a history and buildlogs and programmer notes (for both
what did and didn't work) for the other platforms which may give you
hints as to where the issue is.

Is that more what you are getting at?

Quoting Dan Horák <dan at danny.cz>:

> Hi all secondary architectures,
>
> s390x is probably the most up-to-date secondary architecture in Fedora
> and because there are still packages that fail to build I have started a
> wiki page [1] to track that issues. It's meant as a temporary storage
> before the failure is fully analysed and
> - fix is applied to the package or
> - proper bug report in Fedora or upstream is created or
> - the set of supported architectures is updated.
> Usually a short info about the cause of the failure is written here and
> interested parties can take packages from this list and try to resolve
> the failure. Right now the list is shared mainly between s390x and ppc,
> but in my opinion it could be useful also for other arches, like in
> sparc for endianity issues same as in ppc/s390x, etc.
>
> And as you probably know it's a never ending fight because what could be
> built yesterday can fail today :-(
>

> Dan
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/BuildIssues

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the named recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any
attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations
hereof may result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail
have been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will
store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter
concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address
for above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by
replying to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its
attachment(s), and any copies of it without, disclosing it."