Fedora 17 ppc64 Mac G5 Fans

Britt Dodd brittman914 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:02:47 UTC 2012

Have you all found that any version of fedora is stable enough for use
on G5 systems? G4 systems? I concur on the i2c_powermac kernel module.
I build my kernels from scratch (I build-in only what I need for the
specific system im building for, but I2C is the module that does the
pwm fan control on pretty much all of the macs except for the XServe
g4 first-gen). I was going to start contributing modules for the PPC32
(G4) build of Fedora, but I'd like to have a bootable ISO to start
from at least. For now i'm using Gentoo and building everything from
scratch.