Fedora 17 Beta on an AmigaONE X1000 (PA6T CPU)

Pat Wall pjwall at mac.com
Fri May 25 19:25:20 UTC 2012

Hi All

I have a new AmigaONE X1000 which uses a PA6T-1682M CPU. I can boot the
F17 beta netinstall image with a custom kernel buts Anaconda fails with
the error "Unsupported PPC machine type".

I was wondering is there a way to bypass the machine type check or
'spoof' a supported  platform to Anaconda? Installing a bootloader won't
be an issue as booting is done from the Common Firmware Environment.

Alternatively is there a command to determine the exact machine type
that the installer sees? I could, presumably, then modify platform.py
and restart Anaconda.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best regards

Pat