OCaml ppc64 support

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 30 19:12:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 19:37 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> It'd definitely be interesting to see how far you can get by
> re-introducing this abstraction into the upstream ppc64 back end.

Oh, wait. My memories of this are slowly returning. Isn't the
Darwin/ppc64 ABI basically the same as the ELF/ppc32 ABI?

For Linux/ppc64 there are more differences in the ABI (most of which you
can see mentioned in the changelog of my git tree, as I started with the
ppc32 back end and made it cope with all the differences).

So no, it does make sense that Darwin/ppc64 uses the old power back end,
while Linux/ppc64 gets its own.

--
dwmw2