IBM 9114-275

Dan HorĂ¡k dan at danny.cz
Sun Sep 29 09:37:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:12:14 -0400 (EDT)
George E Sollish <gsollish at autogear.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Several releases back the install kernel wouldn't load on an IBM
> 9114-275; I just tried 19 with similar results.  Are there any plans
> to solve this? If I remember correctly the issue was one of size.

IIRC the firmware won't allow bigger file sizes required for recent
Fedoras, so it's unlikely it could be fixed. But one could be able to
start the installation by manually adding an entry to yaboot from an
already installed system. Also I don't know if grub2, which is now the
default bootloader, will work on such outdated hardware. But I own this
IntelliStation too, so I might try when I get some time.

		Dan