Heads-up: major glibc restructuring coming up

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 17:25:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

Upstream glibc has had a major restructuring of code in the pthreads
module, which got merged into Fedora rawhide on Friday and did not
seem to have any major issues.  I did another rebase in rawhide a few
minutes ago (it's still building for the primary architectures) after
Roland merged the changes into upstream master.  Can the secondary
arch maintainers also do a build for their architectures (and look out
for problems that may arise) so that we catch issues early?

I have also issued a scratch build[1][2][3] for each of the architectures in
case you want to give the binaries a run before building them into the
distribution.

Thanks,
Siddhesh

[1] http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1935715