Baremetal Install

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Thu Nov 27 11:38:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:52:18 -0700
"Kevin Rakos" <kevin at earthsignal.com> wrote:

> To ppc lists,
>
> Downloaded Fedora 21 ppc64le TC2 iso and burned to DVD. Trying to
> install on IBM S822L from OPAL/petitboot.
> Trying to boot from DVD petitboot reports No Image found, from
> petitboot console I can see the dvd contents
> look fine. Ubuntu 14.10 bare metal booted and installed fine. Am I
> doing something wrong to boot the Fedora DVD?

because the ISO image works fine with KVM ppc64le guests, I guess it is
something in the petitboot <-> dvd interaction. But we need someone
with P8 bare-metal available to look on it and due the holidays in the
US it will likely be beginning of the next week.

Can you post a screenshot with the details?

		Dan