Mac PowerBook G4

Ingvar Hagelund ingvar at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Oct 8 08:51:50 UTC 2014

Den 01. okt. 2014 21:36, skrev Bill Chatfield:
> OK don't dump on me please. :-) What is the best place to find instructions for how I would go about building an install CD for Fedora 20/21 for ppc32? I almost had Fedora 17 PPC working on it but I gave up because it wasn't really supported. I have run Debian Wheezy and Lubuntu 14.04 on this PowerBook G4 machine, but I would really like to have it running Fedora. I'm an experience Linux admin and developer but I have never build a full distribution from source. I know you don't officially support this, but if you could give me some pointers about how I could go about it, I will go away and leave you alone. :-) Thanks.

I did such an install on my iBook a couple of years ago. It's still
alive on Fedora 20 today. I Installed Fedora 12 (the last supported
32bit ppc version) on one LV, then populated another LV with Fedora 16
via yum, booted into it, and have yum updated  through Fedora 20 from
there. I would presume this way should still work, though finally
getting a bootable, well-working system will take a LOT of time.

I wrote a small bit about it here:
http://ingvar.blog.redpill-linpro.com/2011/09/28/running-fedora-16-on-old-ppc-computers/

Ingvar