Fedora 22 Beta TC2 for POWER

Laurent Vivier Laurent at Vivier.EU
Wed Apr 8 22:05:22 UTC 2015

Le 08/04/2015 23:28, Dan Horák a écrit :
> On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 23:07:10 +0200
> Laurent Vivier <Laurent at Vivier.EU> wrote:
>
>> Le 07/04/2015 23:13, Peter Robinson a écrit :
>>> Fedora 22 Beta TC2 for POWER is available.
>>>
>>> Please test :)
>>>
>>> http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/compose/22_Beta_TC2/
>> I've tested Fedora-Server-DVD-ppc64-22_Beta_TC2.iso on my PowerMac G5,
>> and it doesn't boot by pressing "C" during the boot sequence (it
>> usually works).
>>
>> I've tried to force the boot from openfirmware by doing:
>>
>> boot cd:,\boot\grub\powerpc-ieee1275\core.elf
>>
>> and it works... then it hangs (systemd is starting and hangs sometime
>> after "Reached target Local File Systems (Pre)." or "Started udev Wait
>> for Complete Device Initialization.")
>>
>> The "windfarm" is not loaded in the kernel and fans are quickly at
>> full speed: this is a lot of noise.
>> On a system with fans working correctly, I have the following modules
>> loaded :
>> windfarm_cpufreq_clamp
>> windfarm_max6690_sensor
>> windfarm_smu_sensors
>> windfarm_lm75_sensor
>> windfarm_smu_controls
>> windfarm_pm112
>> windfarm_smu_sat
>> windfarm_pid
>> windfarm_core
>>
>> Is it possible to add them in the initrd ?
> seems as omission in our kernel config, all other G5 thermal mgmt
> drivers are built in, except the pm112, will be fixed in the next
> kernel build

Thank you, but I think it will not be enough: my other system is a
PowerMac11,2 (-> pm112) whereas I did the test on a PowerMac7,3.

I guess you should add also pm72, pm81, pm121, pm91.

According to C file comments, PowerMac7,3 is managed by pm72:
windfarm_pm72.c
/*
 * Windfarm PowerMac thermal control.
 * Control loops for PowerMac7,2 and 7,3