No subject

Nishith Vyas nvblue at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:49:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

This is my first post in "ppc" list.

I am trying to install "Fedora 20 ppc64 bit" OS on IBM Power Server
(Power6-p520).

IBM Server Model is 8203-E4A.

I have already installed RHEL 6.5 ppc64 on other server & would like to
test all "java related compatibility" using Fedora. As "fedora 20" is
having proper compatibility over IBM Power Server segment, I would like to
troubleshoot current installation issues. The installation screen just
stuck up without further activity on screen.

I have followed below URL to install Fedora 20 on IBM Power Server.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/c..._power?lang=en
<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/aixpert/entry/fun_with_fedora_20_linux_on_power?lang=en>

I am successfully getting fedora installation screen thru VNC, but then I
can't ping VNC IP Address, which I have configured for installation. The
VNC Viewer is located on the same Network Segment & there is no firewall
which blocks any type of traffic in between VNC Viewer & VNC Server.

Here, VNC Server means IBM Power Server, on which I am trying to install
Fedora 20.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
*Nishith N.Vyas*