Docker for ppc64le in COPR

Jakub Cajka jcajka at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 14:55:05 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

As follow up to the COPR enhancement, I have also added ppc64le build root in to my docker repo there(https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jcajka/docker-gccgo/).

To try out docker from COPR:

-----

# Fedora 22 or Fedora 23(aka. rawhide) is required
# enable docker repo

$ dnf copr enable jcajka/docker-gccgo

# install docker
# currently based on version 1.7.0-2.git50ef691 from fedora master/rawhide branch

$ dnf install docker

# start docker daemon

$ systemctl start docker

# you might want to enable docker service to start on system start

$ systemctl enable docker

# run any ppc64le docker container for example 'unofficial' fedora22 base image for ppc64le from my docker hub repo https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/jcajka/fedora22-ppc64le/

$ docker run -it jcajka/fedora22-ppc64le bash

-----

You should have shell in container by now.

It is still not a regular build just "unofficial testing" one, but at least something to try out :).
Regular docker build should be around a corner for Fedora 23, but there is no ETA yet, probably still few weeks(not including time needed by ppc-koji to catch up the primary build).

If you have any issues and/or questions feel free to contact me.

Jakub