ppc64 kernel config changes heads up

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:44:15 UTC 2015

Alex,

> With all due respect, you do realize that several companies actually still manufacture and sell 32-bit PowerPC processors, correct? Do you think this move will be well-met by them?

With all due respect do you realise we actually dropped support for
"32-bit PowerPC processors" for all release post Fedora 20?

Fedora 20 went EOL this week but it was known when Fedora 20 went GA
in December of 2013, around 18 months ago, that ppc-32 was EOL. This
isn't a shock or unknown, it was widely publicised that that if people
were interested in 32 bit PPC in general that they needed to pick up
the architecture maintainership, and in fact the kernel hasn't had the
bits in place to build for ppc-32 for some time, in the ppc32 case
it's merely cleaning up the left over bits of something, in terms of
the Fedora kernel, that has long been dead.

Peter