PowerPC, f22 and docker-io

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:22:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Jakub Cajka <jcajka at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>   as we have gcc5 with gcc-go in f22, I have tried to build docker-io on both 64bit BE and LE. It does build, even test are failing in same way as on x86 :). Only man pages are missing as golang-github-cpuguy83-go-md2man is missing due to dependency on golang.
>>
>>   I haven't tried to do any actual testing, as there are no fedora-ppc images for docker yet.
>>
>>   Bit rough fedora git patch fellows.(clean solution also depends how gcc-go will be handled in fedora)(should apply cleanly against http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/docker-io.git/commit/?id=b12666ec5e3079729bc3221ceb6768102a39f4f4)
>
> Did you send this patch to the docker-io package maintainers or open a
> bug?  Fedora secondary architectures build from the canonical Fedora
> pkg-git repos, so this would need to be applied there before PowerPC
> can pick it up.

There's still a lot more work to be done before we can send it up
stream, at the moment it's just to provide a central starting point
for testing locally before bundling it all together to enable in
mainline.

There's also conversations to be had as to had as to whether we move
all archtectures to gcc-go or wait for golang 1.5 in (probably) F-23
and just use that. It's too late for F-22 cycle anyway IMO.

Peter