New to mailing list

Brad Malone brad.malone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:21:54 UTC 2008

Hi all, I just joined the mailing list.  So I guess I'll say a little about
myself.

I'm a physics graduate student who does a significant amount of scientific
programming in python (including numpy/scipy). I've also done some other
things in Python as well outside of scientific programming, specifically
making a couple of GUIs (tools to make my fiancee's linux experience easier)
and internet related tools (simply scripts that monitor the online prices of
things I'd like to buy and alert me when the price drops low enough).  I
still have a lot to learn about Python, but I've been introduced to a number
of things that I wouldn't come across usually doing physics. So I'd say I
have a decent idea of the scope of what Python can do, although perhaps in
some cases not enough experience to do certain things without consulting