Pakaging enthought tool suite

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Apr 10 21:49:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:43:34PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> >  The tarballs of each released packages are located on

> >  http://code.enthought.com/enstaller/eggs/source/

> >  You do need a dependency graph to be able to make some sense of this. I
> >  am making good progress on making a nice one.

> Just for clarification... the eggs are completely source...and don't
> contain binary blobs of any sort?

Yes. I am not an Enthought employee. I have no financial interest or
other interest than promoting high-quality open-source scientific
packages. I am very much attached to the open source values. I have made
sure, together with the Debian packagers, that the ETS was Debian Free
Software Guidelines compatible (even if I don't agree with all what's in
there).

All the code is licensed under BDS 3 clause (no advertizing clause). The
license of some of the icons vary, and is mentionned in the
"icon_license.txt" file for each project. However everything is licensed
under non-copyleft licenses (LGPL, Eclipse, ...).

I hope this clarifies things. If there are any more questions, please do
not hesitate.

Cheers,

Gaël