help with simple script and strings

Kyle VanderBeek kylev at kylev.com
Sat Apr 12 20:56:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 01:47:25PM -0700, Kyle VanderBeek wrote:
> Modifying the contents of a list that you're iterating over with a
> generator will give you strange results.  Basically, you're causing the
> generator to lose its place.  If you put the result in a new list (say,
> directories_new), this won't happen.

I mis-spoke on a minor detail: the list object doesn't use a generator,
it's just an interable in the usual sense.  Sorry to confuse.

My technique still holds.  Modifying something you're iterating over
will give you unexpected results.

kylev at kylev.com
  Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.