TurboGears 2.1 beta in updates-testing

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Fri May 14 21:08:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 16:11 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Last week I updated the entire TurboGears2/Pylons stack in rawhide, F13,
> F12, and EL-5.  Everything should currently be in in updates-testing, so
> any feedback or karma you can provide would be appreciated.
>
> I know there is a TG2 hackfest this Sunday, where we are trying to chip
> away at the small blocker list for the TG2.1 release.  I'm also still
> trying to figure out a couple of bugs in Moksha & fedoracommunity due to
> the latest stack, but I'm hoping to have those ironed out before or
> shortly after F13.
>
> I also updated the TurboGears resources on the wiki.
>
>     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TurboGears2

I don't know if Python 3 is on-topic for the TG2 hackfest, but FWIW I
went through the list on the page Luke linked to above, and I've added
the various packages in the TG2 stack that weren't already there to the
giant "Porting Status" tables here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13

Most are in the "To be categorized" state, though some are already
ported to py3k, and some of these are already in Fedora.

If you see a module in that "To be categorized" table that you know
either is or isn't ported to py3k yet, please do move it to the correct
table (ideally with a note/URL about the status).

In particular, it looks like Pylons hasn't been ported yet, and I
suspect that that's the critical dependency here.

Hope this is helpful
Dave