how to include a .so file in my python rpm

Erik Blankinship jedierikb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:59:40 UTC 2011

In my python application, I need to include a .so binary I built of a custom
gstreamer plugin.  My python application works fine with this plugin when
launching from the command line.

Now that I am packaging my python application into a fedora rpm, I need to
compile the plugin as part of the packaging process?

I ask because when I try to include the .so file in %files and part of the
manifest, I get this error from rpmbuild:

"arch dependent binaries in noarch package"

Could someone point me to an example of how to create a spec file which
shows how to include "nested" c code so as to avoid this error and
successfully build my rpm?

Thanks much.  Erik