Switching to Python 3

tim.lauridsen at gmail.com tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 07:54:38 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Bohuslav Kabrda <bkabrda at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

I think you miss the point, you just don't change the default
/usr/bin/python to python 3 and forces 90% of the python apps in Fedora to
change there shebangs to /ust/bin/python2
that is not the way to do it, when 90% of the python apps in Fedora is
python3 then we can start to talk about.
The transition to python3 starts upstream of the python apps and before the
big majority running python3, changing default python is nonsense. IMO

Tim