Python 3.3 in Fedora 18

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 19:29:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 14:35 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:

> I'm now experimenting with skvidal's "mockchain" script [2] to try to
> automate the chain of experimental rebuilds via mock.

"mockchain" works well; I've updated the status of the feature page:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_3.3
and there are detailed notes in the "Discussion" page:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/Python_3.3

Right now, I'm most concerned about numpy; it uses unicode internals
that changed in 3.3 and doesn't compile against 3.3 yet AFAIK.

Plus I haven't actually run any of the code beyond what's being run in
the various test suites; some shakedown will be needed of course.