python-sig in pkgdb2?

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 6 19:56:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

there just was a request to test groups for pkgdb2 [1] and I thought
it might be a good opportunity to maybe start sharing at least some
core python packages among a few people.

For instance, I maintain ipython and the dependency chain when other
maintainers chose to orphan something I need for it (or ipython
introduces a new dependency). Such packages are good candidates to be
maintained by a group of people, so updates can be managed better and
several people have an eye on them.

What do others think about that? Who else would be interested in
starting a common python-sig group in pkgdb2?

Greetings,
    Tom

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2014-October/001445.html