Problems with code reviews on reviewboard

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 23:15:29 UTC 2013

Recently, we've been having some issues with code reviews on the
reviewboard instance I set up. Petr was not able to create a review for
a fedora-build-service patch and a review I set up is showing diff
errors.

I started digging into this yesterday, and it turns out to be a problem
with the fedorahosted cgit instance that reviewboard uses to get files
to generate the diffs - it's not returning the right file contents. In
some cases, it returns blank files. In other cases, it returns 404
errors (what petr was hitting) or HEAD from MASTER instead of the file
requested (what I was hitting).

After talking with nirik in #fedora-admin, it looks like this might be
an issue with the fedorahosted.org setup of cgit because while I can
reproduce the issue on freedesktop.org's cgit instance (which is
probably using the same redirects), I can't reproduce the problem on the
upstream cgit instance [1].

[1] http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/

I've filed an issue with infra [2] and will update this thread when we
know more. However, until this is resolved - code reviews on
reviewboard aren't likely to work 100%.

[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3687

Tim