Proposal: AutoQA Infrastructure Upgrade

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 18:55:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:23:33 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> After looking at the jobstats on autoqa-stg over the last day or so
> since I changed all of the clients to be fc18, I'm happy enough with
> the completion rates to suggest that we upgrade production autoqa and
> get rid of our fc17 clients.
>
> Proposed setup:
>
> 2x virthosts with 4x VMs each, 4096M and 20G disk
>   - 6x f18 x86_64
>   - 2x f18 i386
>
> This is the setup I've been using in stg for a while and it seems to
> be able to keep up with incoming jobs just fine. If it turns out not
> to be enough, we can assign another virthost to production. With the
> new ansible playbooks, it's trivial to reconfigure/add/remove clients
> and the full process from virthost install/config to client
> install/config would take well under an hour.
>
> I'd like to do this on either Tuesday or Wednesday when we're removing
> the fc17 repos from autoqa production. At that time, I'll upgrade
> autoqa01 with the test fixes from the last several days, remove the
> fc17 repos and disable the conflicts test as a non-hotfix.
>
> Are there any objections to this plan or any additional details
> requested before making a decision?
>
> Tim

There have been no objections to my proposed plan and I'm taking that
as a "ok, go ahead and do it".

I'll be pushing fixes to git today and I'm planning to push a new
autoqa release to our epel testing repo so that it can run for a while
before moving to production. I'll take down production autoqa tomorrow
around 20:00 UTC for updates and reconfigure/rebuild the clients and
virthosts.

As part of this, I'll be removing the fc17 repos and removing the
conflicts test from scheduling as it continues to have issues on fc18
and as far as I know, nobody is looking at the output.

If you have any objections to my plan, speak now or forever hold your
peace :)

Tim