Taskbot and Automation

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri May 24 16:16:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:02:19 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

>  - move the code somewhere so that others can contribute
>  - migrate the proof-of-concept system to either autoqa-stg or fedora
>    cloud systems (95% of the setup is ansible-ized so migration isn't
>    too painful)
>  - polish the bits that are there so that they actually do most of the
>    things I'm talking about
>  - do some investigation to be somewhat sure that we're not ignoring
>    existing tools (autotest is first on my list, beaker is probably
>    worth exploring a bit)

As an aside, if we do end up using buildbot I'd rather target the
still-under-development buildbot-nine instead of the currently released
version.

I spent some time in the code and talking with their devs while at
pycon this year and while it's not done yet, the changes to the
scheduler interface should make the triggering much less dirty-hacky
than it currently is (using httpie to login via html form, force a build
and logout). We would likely be able to make use of the status display
changes as well but in my mind, that's more cosmetic than practical at
this point.

No matter what we do, I think we're going to have to start working with
upstream to end up with a system that can do what we want. The approach
of relying solely on upstream to fix bugs and add features is not
really scalable and we can do better :)

Tim