Introducing Taskotron (the system formerly known as Taskbot)

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 19:46:53 UTC 2013

tl;dr - taskbot is now taskotron

'taskbot' is a name I came up with while sitting at PyCon US in March,
looking for a name I could use while seeing if any of this could even
work.

Unfortunately, it never dawned on me to check with legal before moving
farther forward and now we're in a situation where the name we've been
using is not OK with legal and needs to change. Legal has approved the
use of 'taskotron' (something Josef and I came up with last week) and
we'll be moving to that name.

Fortunately, we don't have any production systems up or canonical repos
with 'taskbot' in their name so the name change process will be
significantly less problematic than it could have been.

I'll be going through the process of re-naming and editing wiki
articles but the test systems will be sticking around for a bit until
we're ready to re-deploy. There's no immediate legal threat and I don't
see much point in replacing working test elements until we're farther
along with the runner/reporting work that's currently underway.

Tim