Requesting/managing upgrades to beaker.fedoraproject.org

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 15 02:05:48 UTC 2013

With Beaker 0.15.1 due out soon, we'd like to upgrade
beaker.fedoraproject.org once the new version is available.

At the moment, Dan Callaghan and I are admins for the Beaker instance,
while Raymond Mancy and Amit Saha are registered users of that instance.
However, we aren't admins for the actual *servers*, which is what is
needed in order to manage upgrades.

We're happy to help manage the Fedora Beaker instance (including
upgrades), but when Tim last looked into that, it wasn't easy to give us
access to just the Beaker server and lab controllers without giving us
broader access to the rest of the Fedora infrastructure systems (which
we *don't* really want).

I figure the next step is to file a ticket at
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ but the question is
which ticket to file:

1. File a ticket now to get at least Dan and myself (and preferably Ray
and Amit as well) sufficient access to handle Beaker upgrades for
beaker.fedoraproject.org.

2. Wait until 0.15.1 is available, and then file a ticket to get
beaker.fedoraproject.org updated.

Regardless of which we do, we should probably create a page on the
Fedora wiki and/or a doc in
http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/ to explain the
Fedora Beaker instance's existence and how it gets used, managed and
upgraded.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)